Since my diagnosis of Hashimoto’s December 2018 our food choices have drastically changed. Following and Autoimmune Protocol Paleo diet right now does not mean I have to give up great flavors or food. What it does mean is I have to change the way I think about food and my cravings.
I am a snacker. A closet food addict. Actually if I am gonna be totally transparent with you, I am a fast food junk food addict. I have been trying to break the habit for years and have had much mom guilt over it.
Afternoon snacks have been the hardest adjustment for me. With a bit of creativity I am slowly creating snacks I love and that are keeping me full and satisfied.
The recipe down below has a bit of sweet and spicy and sets just perfect on my taste buds.
Sauteed Sweet Potatoes
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 small onion
- 1 knob of ginger
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- Wash and slice sweet potato into thin wedges. You will be aiming for french fry thickness
- slice or dice your onion in to desired thickness
- peel and slice a small knob of ginger
- heat coconut oil in skillet until oil is heated
- first cook the onions and ginger and saute all together until onion are just see though
- drop potatoes in with onions and ginger and cook until Al dente If you prefer your veggies a bit softer cook longer
- Plate and top with parsley and pink Himalayan salt.